PDA

View Full Version : Flattus Maximus of GWAR found dead

Raw Ketchup
11-03-2011, 05:26 PM
It is with a sense of profound loss and tragedy that the members of GWAR must announce the passing of their long time guitarist and beloved friend Cory Smoot,卐 also known to thousands of metal fans worldwide as Flattus Maximus.卐 Cory was found deceased this morning as the band prepared for a border crossing.卐 There is no word as to the cause of death and the members of GWAR are completely shocked and devastated that this has occurred.卐 At this point there is no word on arrangements and the disposition of the remainder of GWAR’s current North American tour, nor are there any details regarding long term plans.卐 At this point we are just dealing with the loss of our dear friend and brother, one of the most talented guitar players in metal today.卐 We ask that our fans and the media be respectful of our request for privacy for those that have suffered this terrible loss.卐 A full statement will be coming in the next day or so, in the meantime please give your thoughts and your prayers to Cory, his family, and all the people that love him.

-Dave Brockie-

I was just hanging out with this dude on Sunday. He put me on the guest list and invited me to their show the next night. I shared my suboxone with him and we talked about battling addction, among other things. Last thing I said to him was "see ya next year!" Guess I was wrong.

He was truly a cool dude, great to his fans, and a huge asset to GWAR. What a bummer. :(

dozo
11-03-2011, 05:28 PM
R.I.P

The Mailman
11-03-2011, 05:28 PM
who?

Hansy
11-03-2011, 05:29 PM
:down: mail fail

lilodagod
11-03-2011, 07:03 PM
who?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a6/GWAR-Flattus_Maximus.jpg

:rip:

KillYoSelf
11-03-2011, 07:08 PM
:(:(

Dr.Gonzo
11-03-2011, 07:11 PM
:( Not cool.

musicmagnet
11-03-2011, 07:24 PM

Warlord7650
11-03-2011, 07:26 PM
Damn :rip:

nastyvanda1
11-03-2011, 08:42 PM

Fuck drugs.

pezent
11-03-2011, 10:45 PM
That sucks, i was gonna see them in a few weeks. :rip:

Urethra Franklin
11-03-2011, 11:06 PM
I wonder if they're gonna feed him to the maggot.

Eastside Gorilla
11-04-2011, 05:39 AM
sucks :(

MASTERWEEDO
11-04-2011, 08:45 AM

BlackPeter
11-05-2011, 06:55 AM
Serves him right for abusing his vehicle.

Raw Ketchup
11-05-2011, 02:57 PM
Go fuck yourself, buddy.

They're retiring the Flattus Maximus character. It's weird to think of them without Flattus, he's always been there. I'm interested in seeing what the future brings for the band, but god damn it sucks that this is what it took to get something fresh out of them.

MASTERWEEDO
11-05-2011, 03:01 PM
IM KINDA AMAZED THAT THEY ARE RETIRING THE CHARACTER. I MEAN, HE WASNT THE FIRST GUY TO DON THE OUTFIT.

KINDA GOOD TO HEAR THAT THEY ARE CONTINUING THE TOUR, I'M KINDA EXCITED TO SEE THE NEW CHARACTER.

IM ALSO KINDA SAD I DIDNT GET TO SEE THEM AT BONNAROO.

Raw Ketchup
11-05-2011, 03:47 PM
He wasn't the first Flattus, but he played the character for almost 10 years.

We'll probably have to wait until the next tour to see the new character, since they need time to actually make his costume. I'm curious to know exactly how they're handling things for this tour. Is somebody else playing Flattus? Is Bonesnapper the new guitarist? Gibby in street clothes?

Definitely an interesting time for the band right now.

SoullessCorpse
11-05-2011, 11:35 PM
:rip: :(

Raw Ketchup
11-05-2011, 11:48 PM
He did give me two posters last year though, and signed them. They're definitely way more valuable to me now.

It really sucks that right after I make friends with one of the guys in GWAR he fucking dies. Three days later. No more guest list for me. :(

TheSerb
11-10-2011, 11:56 AM
Gwar ripped it up last night towards the end of the show Dave took off all his gear jumped into the crowd and they did the rest of the show with out their costumes on it was great it felt real personal at that point. They had Corey's guitar on a stand the whole show and at the very end dave grabbed and stood there hold it up and the Roseland fucking came unglued. much like raw ketchup I met Corey few years back so it felt so weird with out seeing him on stage with the rest of the band. I just can't say in words the feeling last night I have been going to gwar showes since I was 17 in 1991.

I just read they are having Corey's services tomorrow, Nov. 11, at the Bennett Funeral Home Chesterfield Chapel at 14301 Ashbrook Parkway in Chesterfield, Va. The memorial services start at 4PM and are open to the public.

http://loudwire.com/memorial-service-gwar-cory-smoot/

Raw Ketchup
11-11-2011, 07:51 PM
Damn, I wish I could go to his service. I guess just because all the times we hung out and the conversations we had, seemed like we could have been friends at some point.

In the touring guitarist/fan who gets him high way I mean.