View Full Version : i used to think this was so fuckin brutal :

Eastside Gorilla
11-15-2011, 02:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb1BWWhCHjk

i still like it actually :-/ not that brutal at all though

i used to listen to the beginnin of that song on repeat

Matt
11-15-2011, 02:58 AM
Dude, don't feel ashamed to like vintage Sepultura. That is some top shelf metal right there. Besides, all the old bands like Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Sepultura, Testament and others sound like shit now because death, black and grind took what they were doing and expanded on it when the scene became over saturated with thrash. That still does not take away the influence of old Sepultura though. Kind of like how Venom and Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond sound tame by todays standards, yet it still kicks ass.

lilodagod
11-15-2011, 07:53 AM
well, i used to think roots, bloody roots was brutal lol

MASTERWEEDO
11-15-2011, 09:29 AM
WATCHING ROOTS IN SCHOOL WAS BRUTAL

Boomstick
11-15-2011, 09:49 AM
Never considered them brutal but they were amazing. Their first 3 albums are some of thrash's all time greats.

I still think some old bands sound great. Testament and Megadeth (not counting their newest cd) are still ripping shit up, as well as Exodus.

Galactus
11-15-2011, 12:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb1BWWhCHjk

i still like it actually :-/ not that brutal at all though

i used to listen to the beginnin of that song on repeat

Its still pretty brutal for its time. You gotta think about when the shit came out. Back in 89 there wasn't really a lot of HEAVY shit. You had this, Demolition Hammer, Morbid Angel, Death and a lot of the early NY death metal bands were putting out demo's then.

Eastside Gorilla
11-16-2011, 04:05 AM
Dude, don't feel ashamed to like vintage Sepultura. That is some top shelf metal right there. Besides, all the old bands like Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Sepultura, Testament and others sound like shit now because death, black and grind took what they were doing and expanded on it when the scene became over saturated with thrash. That still does not take away the influence of old Sepultura though. Kind of like how Venom and Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond sound tame by todays standards, yet it still kicks ass.

that's true. oh, i'm not ashamed, it just feels weird, it's cool

well, i used to think roots, bloody roots was brutal lol

ahahah !! well, i used to think Fear Factory was brutal... Roots :o what the fuck happened

Its still pretty brutal for its time. You gotta think about when the shit came out. Back in 89 there wasn't really a lot of HEAVY shit. You had this, Demolition Hammer, Morbid Angel, Death and a lot of the early NY death metal bands were putting out demo's then.

it was, for its time, but i was listenin to this album more like around 95/96, n then switched to Napalm Death n shit like that

now that i think about it, it was a pretty brutal song, Max Cavalera's what's always made Sepultura ridiculous actually

nastyvanda1
11-16-2011, 10:30 AM
I love Sepultura.

Eastside Gorilla
11-17-2011, 05:55 AM
too bad Max Cavalera's one piece of shit singer

Galactus
11-17-2011, 08:28 AM
too bad Max Cavalera's one piece of shit singer

Have you seen him lately doing Sepultura songs? Its painful to watch. He just goes through the motions and lets the crowd sing half of the songs.

Eastside Gorilla
11-18-2011, 02:16 AM
Have you seen him lately doing Sepultura songs? Its painful to watch. He just goes through the motions and lets the crowd sing half of the songs.

ahah, no i havent, you should post one video

Galactus
11-18-2011, 04:56 PM
ahah, no i havent, you should post one video

http://youtu.be/pFPJx23ANjA

CrushingTheHolyTrinity
11-19-2011, 04:01 PM
Brutality aside, old sepultura is some quality material regardless. Though it was pretty politicaly saturated, it was powered by some serious thrashness

Arise is one of the albums that introduced me to the thrash genre

Galactus
11-19-2011, 09:13 PM
Brutality aside, old sepultura is some quality material regardless. Though it was pretty politicaly saturated, it was powered by some serious thrashness

Arise is one of the albums that introduced me to the thrash genre

I've never really considered Sepultura a pure thrash band (atleast early Sepultura). They've always had that Death Metal element to them. Especially on Beneath The Remains. Maybe Death/Thrash is more suitable for them.

Raw Ketchup
11-19-2011, 10:55 PM
Beastial Devistation and Morbid Visions kinda suck. Roots really sucks.

...But I still love Sepultura.

Galactus
11-20-2011, 12:14 AM

Necromancer, Funeral Rites, Troops of Doom? All good shit man.

I'll give you Roots, though. That album..words can't describe how horrible it really is.

The Mailman
11-20-2011, 12:41 AM
early sepultura was decent, with a few high notes

Eastside Gorilla
11-20-2011, 11:08 AM
http://youtu.be/pFPJx23ANjA

thank you

man, this song is so fuckin lame, it's fascinatin somehow

i love Morbid Visions

CrushingTheHolyTrinity
11-20-2011, 12:24 PM
I've never really considered Sepultura a pure thrash band (atleast early Sepultura). They've always had that Death Metal element to them. Especially on Beneath The Remains. Maybe Death/Thrash is more suitable for them.

True, a nice blend of deathy thrashness.

..and Ive never paid much attention to them after their 1st 2-3 albums

The Mailman
11-20-2011, 01:06 PM
i cant believe i was into soulfly for like 4 months when I was 14 :disgust:

Eastside Gorilla
11-20-2011, 01:11 PM
i cant believe i was into soulfly for like 4 months when I was 14 :disgust:

i remember some friend bought the cd when it came out, we listened to it n told him to keep his fuckin cd

The Mailman
11-20-2011, 01:16 PM
oh, i never bought one of their albums. i think i downloaded like 4 tracks and my gf (though some backwards logic) assumed i was a big fan so she bought me a t-shirt that i never wore

jumpdafuckup!

Raw Ketchup
11-20-2011, 02:49 PM
What the fuck I'm a Mack truck.

Eastern Grey
11-26-2011, 06:25 PM
I also found them scary as a kid, they were my introduction to that style of vocals. Chaos AD is their greatest work, if you ask me.