PDA

View Full Version : How many sportsalos here actually played sports?

Subzi
07-11-2012, 06:26 PM
Not on some jock shit or anything like that, but just for conversation. If so what sports? position? how long?
If not, why not? Regret not playing?

probably was done before in the past on HC but fuck it.

Antonio
07-11-2012, 06:31 PM
i played football at the beach last week, does that count?

Boomstick
07-11-2012, 06:41 PM
I did skiing from ages 8-17.

Soccer from ages 6-13 [right/left wing]

I was a pretty good playing in the rec leagues and usually had 1-2 goals a game.

Basketball from ages 7-18 [SG]

Basketball was my love growing up. Played in rec leagues and school teams. Three pointers were my specialty.

Baseball from ages 10-13 [Pitcher/3rd base]

I pitched in little league and pitching was probably my biggest sporting talent. Made the all star team three years in a row. Baseball wasn't my favorite sport because I didn't enjoy it when I was hitting or playing a different position. But let me tell you, the feeling I got being on the mound and striking people out was the greatest feeling I ever got from playing sports.

When the time came to move up to the bigger leagues I kinda got intimidated because the pitchers had more speed and the kids were a lot bigger and were belting em over the fence, so I just quit. I regretted it for a long time.

Boomstick
07-11-2012, 06:50 PM
My sporting highlight:

Throwing a shut out.

My sporting lowlight:

In high school we had to play a deaf school. They had to bang these large drums so they could feel the vibration and know when a whistle/buzzer was being blown. The refs were way to lenient with them and let those fuckers get away with so many fouls. And yeah, they had deaf cheerleaders too. I felt kinda bad, but try to imagine hearing deaf girls screaming and cheering. Yeah...

KillYoSelf
07-11-2012, 06:50 PM
Played hockey for nearly 15 years. I played on travel
Teams and traveled all over Cali. Even went to Vegas for a competition.(forward)

Also played baseball for about 7 years.(second base)

GOD
07-11-2012, 07:34 PM
been playing rec hockey for 15 years (defense)

played baseball from 9-13 (SS/Pitcher), league MVP every year I played.

The Mailman
07-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Hgh school linebacker, one year

Warlord7650
07-11-2012, 07:38 PM
I ran track throughout middle school and my freshman n sophmore year of high school. I broke my wrist my junior year and apparently it was to risky to have me run with a cast on. :-/

Maizeandblue
07-11-2012, 07:48 PM
7th & 8th grade: OT, TE and DE moved around a lot

9th grade: JV Strong Safety and Freshman team Strong Safety and Wide Reciever

10th grade: Varsity Strong Safety and JV SS/WR

11th grade: Varsity Will

12th grade: Varsity Will

Played on Scholarship for 1 year at the University of Dayton, during 2 a days at the start of sophomore year I tore up my knee and they placed me on a medical scholarship and filled my spot with another player.

Subzi
07-11-2012, 09:49 PM
soccer (church league) 6 years old-15 (moved around, it was church league no one cares enough)

Basketball: 5-12 years old, church league 6th grade-11th grade (still play regularly) - played SF (also played in a church league in high school) [basketball was always my primary sport]

Football: 6-12 years old: Tight End // 9th-11th Grade DE

baseball 6th-8th grade Left Field

My sporting lowlight:

In high school we had to play a deaf school. They had to bang these large drums so they could feel the vibration and know when a whistle/buzzer was being blown. The refs were way to lenient with them and let those fuckers get away with so many fouls. And yeah, they had deaf cheerleaders too. I felt kinda bad, but try to imagine hearing deaf girls screaming and cheering. Yeah...

I had a similar story when I was playing on a church league basketball team in 10th grade, we played a local orphanage and they always got the calls, the coaches always played them soft, my team won by 1 point... the next game we went to against a fellow church league team everyone was like "YOU GUYS BEAT THE ORPHANS WHATS WRONG WITH YOU!?"

Funny fact is one of the orphans scored in their own hoop, so we probably should've lost by 1... we went undefeated that year.

KillYoSelf
07-12-2012, 12:38 AM
been playing rec hockey for 15 years (defense)

I love playing defense as well, Whole different game then playing forward. Defense sets up everything.

Olfenite
07-12-2012, 03:25 AM
I wanted to play football badly, but health issues prevented it. I have issues with my hip bones, and doctors said that if I were to get tackled in the wrong way I would not be able to walk. I was probably 12 or 13 years old when I found out that I'd never play organized football. I was crushed.

I played little league. Sucked at it. I think the reason I'm not good at it is because I have vision issues where my peripheral vision covers a smaller area than a normal person and is deteriorating, so I cannot see the baseball long enough to make good decisions when to swing. I was able to play pretty decent defense though. But I had no desire to pursue sports any further after I found out about how I would never play football.

Marrow
07-12-2012, 07:21 AM
I was in wrestling when I was in 3rd grade, then I was in it for 3 days as an 8th grader. I played football Freshman-Junior year in HS. Our team sucked my senior year, and I had a job at an appliance store, so I left da game for the money and fame aka I worked after school and got paid instead of practicing playing a game that the school used to generate income for itself with.

I was a guard on O and center LB on D. I used to call the defensive adjustments on D, and I used to tell the tackle next to me what he needed to do that play on O lol.

Larry
07-12-2012, 08:12 AM
Karate for 2 years as a kid if that counts.

Little league baseball for a few years, I sucked.

Football for a few years (6 to 8th grade) I sucked.

I wish I would have gotten into wrestling.

GOD
07-12-2012, 03:22 PM
I love playing defense as well, Whole different game then playing forward. Defense sets up everything.indeed

Benny Bizzle
07-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Soccer from 8-18 years old. Halfback most of the time then switched to fullback because I started smoking and couldnt run as much.

Baseball from 8-17 years old. Second base, good at fielding not so much at hitting.

Metroplex
07-12-2012, 05:37 PM
As a kid the only sport I played was basketball. It was my favorite sport growing up.

As an adult I still play ball, but I regret not playing football in high school whenever I play catch with my 8 year old brother. I do want to play softball, but it's hard as hell to find enough people that want to make a team

DirtyIce
07-12-2012, 05:50 PM
I used to play soccer, fuck all yall
I quit when I realized how gay it was
oh and when I was younger I boxed and shit

musicmagnet
07-12-2012, 09:03 PM
soccer is for faggots

i used to play basketball

Dr.Gonzo
07-12-2012, 09:29 PM
I was a defensive linemen for six weeks. Around the six week mark I cussed out the coach and hit the third string quarterback with my helmet.

I coulda been a contender.

username:
07-12-2012, 10:15 PM
baseball started at 5 and played through high school. I pitched and played 2nd or third most of the time.

Now I get my competition fix from tennis. It's fun and almost as great a way to stay in shape as suffering from painful rectal cancer.

Larry
07-13-2012, 01:25 PM
I was a defensive linemen for six weeks. Around the six week mark I cussed out the coach and hit the third string quarterback with my helmet.

I coulda been a contender.

Awesome.

Ricky Real
07-13-2012, 09:08 PM
tennis (gaaay), soccur, basketball, tae kwon do, badminton (gaaaay)

now only basketball

Ress Ya Dead Homie
07-13-2012, 09:21 PM
I've put in serious time on NCAA football video games, does that count?

Ahman Green
07-14-2012, 08:50 PM
I was heavy into soccer as youngster. I usually played middle or right halfback. Would've continued playing in High School but I had one of those lame "I'm too cool for school sports" attitude. One of my bigger regrets was not getting more involved because I was pretty good.

Urethra Franklin
07-14-2012, 09:13 PM
i played street football, my knee got pretty messed up the first time. Sbyeas was playing street football in his Sandles one day and slipped on the gravel and might have come up ok, not sure. We won the match, i told the other team to pass me the football and they did so i ran to our touch down zone.