PDA

View Full Version : King Diamond - The Graveyard

Johnny Truant
05-22-2011, 05:30 PM
Fuckin' brilliant underrated album :drool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9LcVE1DPLQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wORr0TnMDu8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnfQINLwOFo

You muthafuckas know who it is, and you need to respect that.

Michael
05-22-2011, 05:43 PM
I was into his music not so long ago.

Voodoo and Puppet Master were his best albums.

Johnny Truant
05-22-2011, 05:44 PM
I was into his music not so long ago.

Voodoo and Puppet Master were his best albums.

Too satanic for ya, bud? :troll:

Subzi
05-22-2011, 05:48 PM
inb4Boomstick

Michael
05-22-2011, 06:44 PM
Too satanic for ya, bud? :troll:

Which ones? Voodoo and Puppet Master weren't satanic at all. Voodoo was some ghost story and Puppet Master was like some horror movie with magic. But yeah, I don't listen to KD now because of his image and lyrics.

Johnny Truant
05-22-2011, 06:48 PM
I don't listen to KD now because of his image and lyrics.

http://oi51.tinypic.com/14sfnme.jpg

Boomstick
05-23-2011, 07:49 AM
inb4Boomstick

:up:

The Graveyard is amazing and its true its very underrated. Its not in my top 5 but I still love it. Its very different from his other albums. I like the story because its twisted and is based on more realistic things rather than supernatural.

And Hu$tla, All KD albums are Satanic in a way. Just because its not up front like Mercyful Fate doesn't mean its not. If you go by Levey's view of Satanism than you will hear it, its just more subtle. King has said many times that the King Diamond band is far more Satanic than Mercyful Fate. MF was more for shock value.

And I don't get why you don't listen anymore. I am a Christian and love KD/MF. Its just entertainment.

Michael
05-23-2011, 08:39 AM
And Hu$tla, All KD albums are Satanic in a way. Just because its not up front like Mercyful Fate doesn't mean its not. If you go by Levey's view of Satanism than you will hear it, its just more subtle. King has said many times that the King Diamond band is far more Satanic than Mercyful Fate. MF was more for shock value.

Hmm, then I didn't get that feeling. Really, most of his albums were just horror stories for me.

And I don't get why you don't listen anymore. I am a Christian and love KD/MF. Its just entertainment.

I can tell you only one thing - it's up for everyone to decide what one wants to listen to. Also, there are different stages of faith, commitment and so on. I made some decisions about what I'll listen to and what I won't listen to and that's not going to change. I hope you understand me. If not - please say it and I'll elaborate the best way I can.

SoullessCorpse
05-23-2011, 09:13 AM
Fucking love King Diamond's music

Eastside Gorilla
05-28-2011, 10:58 AM
I can tell you only one thing - it's up for everyone to decide what one wants to listen to. Also, there are different stages of faith, commitment and so on. I made some decisions about what I'll listen to and what I won't listen to and that's not going to change. I hope you understand me. If not - please say it and I'll elaborate the best way I can.

Boom said it was just entertainment n i agree, it's not gonna take you to hell, you're missin out

n by the way, i dont know if the album's underrated or not but it still is my favorite, i should buy the remastered cd

Quinton.
05-29-2011, 02:01 PM
I've never listened to King Diamond before but this shit just blew my mind. Awesome, awesome stuff. I think I might have to go out & buy the hard copy if I can find it.

Boomstick
05-29-2011, 02:12 PM
I've never listened to King Diamond before but this shit just blew my mind. Awesome, awesome stuff. I think I might have to go out & buy the hard copy if I can find it.

Welcome to the dark side my friend. :up:

Quinton.
05-29-2011, 02:13 PM
yeah. I'll just take Hu$tla's vacated spot :lol:

Eastside Gorilla
05-29-2011, 02:20 PM
that's great

Johnny Truant
05-29-2011, 03:47 PM
The Graveyard is actually my favorite King Diamond album just because of how different it is and the concept is twisted. It's awesome. It's like a really good horror movie on CD. All King Diamond albums are, really, but I dig this one because it's grounded more in reality than most the others which makes it darker and creepier to me.

Eastside Gorilla
05-29-2011, 03:51 PM
fuck yea it's his best album

aaaaAAAAAAAAAAHH HEADS ON THE WALL !!!!!!!!!!!!

Boomstick
05-29-2011, 03:53 PM
Abigail, Them, Fatal Portrait, Conspiracy, The Eye, Voodoo and The Puppet Master are all better IMO.

Johnny Truant
05-29-2011, 03:55 PM
I love all of King Diamond's albums honestly. He's one of my favorite artists of all time.

Boomstick
05-29-2011, 03:58 PM
I love all of King Diamond's albums honestly. He's one of my favorite artists of all time.

Same here. And Mercyful Fate of course.

Boomstick
05-29-2011, 04:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJjXf8DIbVU

Pretty cool fan made video

Eastside Gorilla
05-29-2011, 04:14 PM
pretty cool