Page 359 of 364 FirstFirst ... 259309349350351352353354355356357358359360361362363364 LastLast
Results 35,801 to 35,900 of 36384

Thread: The Official Wrestling Thread

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: The Official Wrestling Thread

yea that hairline looks fucked lol
    Hidden Content Fuck her in a flannel - nimmy ain't no mammal. Hidden Content

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    18%

Noice. I just drove by that martial arts gym.
    Prime Larry has it all - rep count, bathroom jokes, military stories, and not to mention his ongoing donations to Mailman's skinny jeans fund. Above all that is the best portrait artist in SM. Larry at his very best is unbeatable.. By any douchebag that ever lurked inside a forum.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    16%

WWE Senior Ringside Physician Chris Amaan's libel and slander trial against CM Punk and Colt Cabana wrapped in Cook County, Illinois today with the jury ruling in favor of Punk & Cabana on all counts filed by Amann. The former WWE Superstars will not have to pay anything to Amann.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I seen that earlier. wasn't punk and cobana taking him to court for money? from what i seen this was only for not having to pay amaan money.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    -9%

Bae is looking gorgeous

Grande Master of MENSA Urethra Franklin's Avatar
    vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    8%

Quote Originally Posted by Anti - Hat3 View Post
    from impact tapings yesterday in canada
    completely sold out

Impacts such a sellout.
    Man-period (mAAn peer-e-id)
    Definition: That time of the month when a man showers.

Example: Hey Evak, you wreak, P.U. Did you miss your man-period?

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    11%

Cool Re: The Official Wrestling Thread

I seen that earlier. wasn't punk and cobana taking him to court for money? from what i seen this was only for not having to pay amaan money.
    Other way around. Amann was the plaintiff.

In closing arguments, when it came out that the doc wanted upwards of $4 million over defamation per se, that kinda sealed his fate. No jury in their right mind would have awarded that.

With defamation per se, the doc had to prove what Colt and Punk said was so malicious and defamatory that it's presumed to be damaging and interfering to his work without even needing to cite specific damages. Doc couldn't establish this during the trial.

He also had no actual damages other than being trolled on Twitter and his Thanksgiving dinner getting cold.

Even with the embellishments and lies Punk did tell, that was successfully argued as Punk 1) trying to be entertaining on the podcast 2) medical ignorance of not knowing the difference between a staph, MRSA, etc.

What we learned from this trial is that Punk embellished a lot of what he said in the podcast, but there was an element of truth in things he said. So when he talks about how he called out Vince for Owen's death or how he brow-beat Ryback, chances are there are elements of truth to it, but his version of events are probably not completely accurate. But is that something he could be successfully sued over? Not really, as we saw here.

For the doctor, he caused far more harm to his reputation than some podcast that came out 4 years ago that nobody even cares about in 2018. If he ever leaves WWE, employers will be very weary to hire him because they will see him as litigious, even if WWE prob. funded the lawsuit.

Dude has a strong resume. A podcast episode from a disgruntled former patient would not have outweighed his actual credentials. But this bullshit lawsuit? Yes, that does overshadow a lot of his credibility.
    "How about fetishizing liberty and wealth and power and family and success and information and not being a gibbering, metrosexual DUMBASS!"- Alex Jones

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

pretty crazy im sure vince was throwing cash in his direction to try to win this.

i guess njpw ppv is saturday? also impact are scheduled to be attending chris jerichos wrestling cruise.
    I still say jericho is gonna wrestle at BFG in november. this could be all sorts of dope.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    11%

If Jericho works with Impact, it will be a fucking Russo move to have him wrassle Sami Callihan.

Jericho vs Cage.

BOOK IT.

Also love how Jericho is working with all these different promotions for his cruise. Hilarious that this spawned from WWE not wanting NXT jobbers to participate in it lmao.
    "How about fetishizing liberty and wealth and power and family and success and information and not being a gibbering, metrosexual DUMBASS!"- Alex Jones

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

Well, from what i've gathered is cage fighting matt sydal at slamm for x division title.
    from there nobody knows where its gonna go, but I'd love to see a jericho vs calihan match tbh.

I honestly feel like they need to build the fuck out of killer kross. And have him fight cage for the belt at BFG. Leaving jericho vs calihan.

Killer Kross is the mysterious X guy.

here's a promo of his. he cuts really good promo work.

Slamms card is

old lax vs new lax
    su yung vs madison rayne (championship match)
    austin aries vs moose (championship match)
    tessa blanchard vs allie

and I THINK they are going with calihan vs pentagon jr and tommy dreamer vs eddie edwards.
    should be a dope ppv. i'm not 100% sold on moose, so will be interesting to see how they build him for this match.

also; reports from the spoilers alot of ppl that were there said kongo kong put on the most impressive match he's ever had against brian cage at the tapings.

curious as to what rich swann is gonna do as well. they said swann vs fenix was a must see 10/10 match.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

The only possible way I would be happy with jericho fighting for the belt is him winning it. And i'm usually not down for that, but it's pretty much a given that if he's coming to fight for the belt hes not gonna win the title. If they put the belt on jericho it would create so much buzz, putting eyes on the product for sure.

Jimmy jacobs was the one that invented the "list" and he's been the mastermind behind most of the angles on impact since coming in. I really wanna see something crazy with jericho.

I actually sent a msg to callis saying he needed to book calihan vs jericho in a strap match for bfg. we haven't seen one in so long and that would honestly make sense to make it that if they can build it like the old days with a really good storyline. that would get calihan over so much

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

This is one of impacts recent signings lol

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    16%

pretty crazy im sure vince was throwing cash in his direction to try to win this.

i guess njpw ppv is saturday? also impact are scheduled to be attending chris jerichos wrestling cruise.
    I still say jericho is gonna wrestle at BFG in november. this could be all sorts of dope.
    VINCE IS THE ONLY REASON THIS WENT TO TRIAL.

THAT FUCKING DR AMMAN HAS NOW OPENED HIMSELF UP TO ETHICAL INQUIRES WITH HIPAA VIOLATIONS AND DISPENSING MEDICATION WITHOUT DOCUMENTING IT.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

I never really cared much about it, but I was curious as to who would win, pretty cool punk won

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    16%

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    11%

Yo Nimmy that Killer Kross d00d reminds me of that Hade Vansen geek who was supposed to feud with Taker.

'X Attacker' should have been Ryback or Crazzy Steve.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

Who's hade vanses sounds familiar. I'm really surprised they aren't bringing in Ryback

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

I woulda liked to see them have one last segment but have like 5-6 people knocked out stacked on top of each other or something and ryback slowly turning around to look into the camera and going "feed me more" that would be dope.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    11%

Who's hade vanses sounds familiar. I'm really surprised they aren't bringing in Ryback
    Some d00d that WWE was planning on bringing up from FCW to feud with Undertaker a decade ago.

One vignette aired on Smackdown and then Vince fired him.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

that promos meh. impact is slowly starting to remind me of the paul heyman era for smackdown when he was writing. each show is different, sometimes i'll get an ecw vibe going, a wcw vibe, and an attitude era vibe. thats what im really diggin about impact right now. something i've wanted for sooooo long. it's a shame people aren't giving the rest of impact a chance and only giving the big names or more well known names a chance. i'm telling you if they book killer kross right he's gonna be gold.

and it's not perfect by any means, the wrestlers still botch alot, and the crowds suck (which should be fixed next week this week is still an orlando taping) but if they can get past all the botches i think impact could be really talked about by the end of the year.

alot of the people hating it are the wwe neckbeard fans that "loltna" and don't want to give it a chance to see where it's at. It took me a few episodes to really appreciate what they're doing and what they're trying to do, and once the roster starts getting fuller it's only gonna get better.

you yourself hated tna for so long and you started to dig some of the stuff they're doing, that obv means something lol
    Last edited by Anti - Hat3; 06-06-2018 at 08:07 PM.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    11%

Impact is actually kinda doap now that it isn't being run by retards.

Unfortunately for them they have built up so much bad will and tainted their brand name that a lot of fans aren't bothering to peep.

But it's becoming a legitimately decent promotion run by seemingly competent people.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    16%

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Impact is actually kinda doap now that it isn't being run by retards.

Unfortunately for them they have built up so much bad will and tainted their brand name that a lot of fans aren't bothering to peep.

But it's becoming a legitimately decent promotion run by seemingly competent people.
    Would agree. Its gonna take time but at this point for me it's whatever I really enjoy the product. I like where they're at tbh because it forces them to put out a good product. WWE just doesn't t care anymoee

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

and weedo, you should really peep out impact. if you haven't in a while, you should start with last fridays episode. ppv themed episode "under pressure"
    it was pretty doope

they recap everything for the 'cold open' so if you're lost, start here then watch all the highlights.

Last edited by Anti - Hat3; 06-07-2018 at 09:01 AM.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    12%

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    -9%

O shit ive got to check out Enzo's music!

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    17%

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

He's so fucking horrible. I honestly did expect something at least a little better. He was great on the mic in WWE, had funny lines and metaphors, and had the charisma. It seems when he has a beat though, he forgets about all of that.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

SAM. give us a review!!!!!!

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

and i like bury me a g. i like enzo's voice. he needs a ghost writer tho his lyrics suck

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

Weedo, did you watch dominion? i'm downloading it now bout to watch later tonight.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    17%

SAM. give us a review!!!!!!
    Phoenix : horrible
    Bury Me a G : horrible

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

thats not a review

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    -9%

I loved this as a kid, even though I sucked at it.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    17%

WCW/NWO Revenge will always be my favorite. Everyone says No Mercy was better, since it was the same engine but with more features, but I still think Revenge was way better.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    -9%

Wrestlemania 2000 and No Mercy are def my favs. But World Tour was the first one I had, and I played that the most as a child back in 1997.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    11%

This CM Punk cagefighter experiment should probably end at this point.

His opponent, who's a full-time photojournalist, basically doing nothing for the entire fight and still lighting Punk up to a 30-26 decision while not even paying attention to what he was doing while the announcers were openly making fun of Punk....this was pretty awful.

And then the d00d ending his post-fight interview with "Wakanda forever" lol.

Kimbo vs Dada5000 still holds the record for worst cage fight ever, though.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    -9%

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    17%

This CM Punk cagefighter experiment should probably end at this point.

His opponent, who's a full-time photojournalist, basically doing nothing for the entire fight and still lighting Punk up to a 30-26 decision while not even paying attention to what he was doing while the announcers were openly making fun of Punk....this was pretty awful.

And then the d00d ending his post-fight interview with "Wakanda forever" lol.

Kimbo vs Dada5000 still holds the record for worst cage fight ever, though.
    Punk definitely did better than his first fight, at least he got some hits in. But, like Joe Rogan said during commentary "I wouldn't be surprised if someone paid Mike to wait 3 rounds to finish him".

Punk has said in so many interviews the past few weeks that he's so done with all wrestling, but he should really reconsider at this point.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    17%

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

Njpw Dominion ppv is sick as fuck

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    11%

UFC President Dana White just publicly fired the d00d that fought Punk because he was clowning around too much during the fight LOL.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    16%

Njpw Dominion ppv is sick as fuck
    SO FAR I WATCHED THE REY MYSTERIO MATCH AND THE WILL OSPREAY MATCH.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

I need to finish the rest of it. I finished the young bucks match. I really like that one psychotic japanese dude. i think finlays son was with him. they both have shaved heads, after the match they were still fighting each other. i like the skinnier guy, he looks old as fuck but dude i bet he's legit a badass. people are saying the okada omega match is the best match of the series and really high rated in matches of all time.

really diggin that big mike guy he's gonna be a huge star. my gf gets all pissy when i watch wrestling trying to get me to talk on the phone. i shut the phone off to watch the ppv LOL

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    16%

SUZUKI , THAT FUCKER IS GREAT, EASILY ONE OF MY FAVORITE GUYS IN NJPW. I LOVE THAT HE WALKS AROUND WITH THAT HAIRCUT ALL THE TIME.

MELTZER IS SAYING THAT OKADA/OMEGA 4 IS THE BEST MATCH HE WILL EVER SEE.

I WATCHED THE WHOLE SHOW, I FORGOT AND WATCHED THE BUCKS MATCH LAST, SO I KINDA SPOILED THAT FOR MYSELF.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

yep thats him. dude is badass.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

corey graves is going ham on twitter if he doesn't chill he's gonna be future endeavored lol

https://twitter.com/WWEGraves?ref_sr...k.html%3Fp%3D1

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    -9%

corey graves is going ham on twitter if he doesn't chill he's gonna be future endeavored lol

lol wow. the guy always seemed like a tool.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    16%

ITS CLEARLY AN ANGLE FOR PUNK'S RETURN.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    18%

Punk was smart. Make wrestling fans miss you. His UFC stint may have been a fail but he still got paid so who gives a shit?
    Prime Larry has it all - rep count, bathroom jokes, military stories, and not to mention his ongoing donations to Mailman's skinny jeans fund. Above all that is the best portrait artist in SM. Larry at his very best is unbeatable.. By any douchebag that ever lurked inside a forum.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    -9%

He had balls for doing UFC. But he was just too old when he got into it.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    17%

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I don't know if age had much to do with it. Some people just don't have the skill to do something.

Example: some people are great writers, but no matter how much singing lessons they take, they'll never be able to hold a note.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    11%

People bring up his age, but I seriously doubt being younger would have helped much.

Back in like 2004 Jushin Thunder Liger ran a training seminar in ROH and was unable to teach Punk how to properly perform a forward roll.

Age isn't the main roadblock holding him back here.

At least if he goes to Bellator they will book him on a show held under tribal jurisdiction and pay the janitor of the building to fight him or something.

You ever run into Graves around Pittsburgh? Think you could beat his ass if he tried to talk shit?

Also, you pumped about the new NJPW President Harold Meij? Dude is a brilliant marketing and business guru with a really impressive rolodex.

Word is more than a few TV people will be at the New Japan Cow Palace show next month.
    Last edited by Jay; 06-10-2018 at 07:42 PM.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    18%

At least if he goes to Bellator they will book him on a show held under tribal jurisdiction and pay the janitor of the building to fight him or something.
    Celebrity Boxing on MTV was a brief hit. Why not celebrity MMA?

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

People bring up his age, but I seriously doubt being younger would have helped much.

Back in like 2004 Jushin Thunder Liger ran a training seminar in ROH and was unable to teach Punk how to properly perform a forward roll.

Age isn't the main roadblock holding him back here.

You ever run into Graves around Pittsburgh? Think you could beat his ass if he tried to talk shit?

Also, you pumped about the new NJPW President Harold Meij? Dude is a brilliant marketing and business guru with a really impressive rolodex.

Word is more than a few TV people will be at the New Japan Cow Palace show next month.
    Nice. Wouldn't be surprised if njpw gets a bigger tb deal than impact. Never seen Corey in person. I don't live exactly in Pittsburgh. I haven't followed much of njpw. Just came back after a bit of a hiatus but Dominion was sick

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    11%

Technically, they already have a better US television deal than Impact since AXS actually pays them.

Very interested to see what happens, though. Apparently WWE getting such gigantic TV deals has made people bullish on broadcasting wrassling.

I mean, it's a fool's errand since no other company can really bring the kind of return WWE does, but if Paramount or CMT were to get into wrassling that would be doap.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

sadly, impact most likely won't get noticed unless they get onto a better tv deal, they have till december to figure that out.

I never seen njpw's show on axs, I heard its far behind. Ppvs are good though, really good. The only thing that throws me off with the company itself is the promos. I don't know what most of the dudes are saying, but wrestling wise, they put on the best matches in the biz imo. hands down. WWE isn't even close.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

Just finished naito vs jericho. dope fucking match.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    11%

sadly, impact most likely won't get noticed unless they get onto a better tv deal, they have till december to figure that out.

I never seen njpw's show on axs, I heard its far behind. Ppvs are good though, really good. The only thing that throws me off with the company itself is the promos. I don't know what most of the dudes are saying, but wrestling wise, they put on the best matches in the biz imo. hands down. WWE isn't even close.
    It was more of a 'greatest hits' show when it first aired but now it's pretty good with airing matches from recent shows and will do stuff like air the best 2-3 matches from big recent events.

The issue AXS has is that wrassling in Japan isn't broadcast like it is in America, so you don't have a domestic Japanese TV show to source from so they get the footage and put together their own episodes.

It's not like with WWE and their international TV deals where other countries can just air entire new episodes of Smackdown every week.

I wonder where Impact will end up if they leave Pop. Would love to see Paramount (formerly Spike) get back into wrassling but who knows since there are rumors they may push Bellator to CMT full-time.

But CMT airing wrassling seems like it makes sense?

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    16%

CMT COULD AIR AWA OR MAYBE EVEN THE EARLY 90s WCW, BUT AIRING IMPACT SEEMS A BIT OUT OF THEIR WHEELHOUSE.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

It was more of a 'greatest hits' show when it first aired but now it's pretty good with airing matches from recent shows and will do stuff like air the best 2-3 matches from big recent events.

The issue AXS has is that wrassling in Japan isn't broadcast like it is in America, so you don't have a domestic Japanese TV show to source from so they get the footage and put together their own episodes.

It's not like with WWE and their international TV deals where other countries can just air entire new episodes of Smackdown every week.

I wonder where Impact will end up if they leave Pop. Would love to see Paramount (formerly Spike) get back into wrassling but who knows since there are rumors they may push Bellator to CMT full-time.

But CMT airing wrassling seems like it makes sense?
    I wouldn't mind UPN or Scy Fy. Scy fy sounds like a good fit if they could make it work. who knows. Would love to see paramount pick it up too. I think if they had a good network they would make alot of progress.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    11%

Quote Originally Posted by MASTERWEEDO View Post
    CMT COULD AIR AWA OR MAYBE EVEN THE EARLY 90s WCW, BUT AIRING IMPACT SEEMS A BIT OUT OF THEIR WHEELHOUSE.
    Yeah it's def. random but ever since the network rebranding, Paramount seems like it's slowly transitioning Bellator cage fighting to CMT, so if that ends up happening I could see them maybe airing some wrassling too.

I wouldn't mind UPN or Scy Fy. Scy fy sounds like a good fit if they could make it work. who knows. Would love to see paramount pick it up too. I think if they had a good network they would make alot of progress.
    UPN? What decade are you living in.....

You mean CW? Maybe, but they seem to be investing a lot of their money into original scripted shows.

SyFy I guess that's an interesting, but who knows.

Would be doap if either New Japan or Impact ends up with a decent TV deal, though.

Between WWE, Impact, ROH, MLW and New Japan, there is a lot of nationally broadcast wrassling right now, which is pretty doap.

I Built 89% of This City The Milkman's Avatar
    vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    0%

UPN

Yah man been watching a lot of TNN lately...
    #FreeYourSelf

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    17%

I remember in the late 90s, their catch phrase was "UPN is OOPIN!"

That was around the same time WB had the frog going "dubba dubba dubba-you-beee!"

Super Oopin Sundays
    Last edited by FRANTIK; 06-11-2018 at 07:58 PM.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    18%

Quote Originally Posted by FRANTIK View Post
    That was around the same time WB had the frog going "dubba dubba dubba-you-beee!"
    Oh, Lawdy, the good 'ol days of the WB.

And Jamie Foxx had teenagers believing that working at a hotel was a fun and lucrative career.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

I could have swore I was going through the channels the other day and got upn. bahhahahahaha. whats the other channel that took over? I would legit have to go through my comcast channels. I never watch except for pop or on demand i'll watch movies.

MLW is pretty dope. For me; a little too much wrestling. I prefer impacts way of putting on a show, just the right amount of wrestling/vignettes/promos.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    16%

YOU ARE A WEIRD MOTHER FUCKER

I Built 89% of This City The Milkman's Avatar
    vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    0%

I had to check and see if MLW was Whipwrecks fed and wss disappointed
    #FreeYourSelf

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

how am i weird? i like njpw's stuff but its not all english or it'd be #1 right now. wrestling wise it's #1. promo, vignettes, and flow of the show goes to impact.

mlw looks like a cheap version of impact but better wrestling. barely any promos

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    18%

WWE’s hold on Madison Square Garden appears to be slipping. The company itself has been moving away from what for decades has been considered their “home court”, moving televised events in New York City to Brooklyn’s Barclays Center for cost reasons. That’s opened up the opportunity for other promotions to work Manhattan’s iconic arena.

Rumors point to Mexico’s AAA being the first non-WWE wrestling company to plant their flag in MSG, with multiple dates held for a possible September 2018 show. Now, the CEO of Sinclair Broadcasting is saying his company’s promotion, Ring of Honor (ROH), plans to run the Garden in 2019.

In an interview with Baltimore Business Journal, Chris Ripley said Sinclair plans to start putting ROH shows in larger venues to take advantage of their “very passionate fanbase”. The article sites both WWE’s lucrative deal with Fox for SmackDown’s broadcast rights and the quick sellout of All In as reasons why Ripley believes ROH can fill bigger buildings and possibly become more of a television presence outside ROH TV running on the syndicated channels Sinclair owns:

“We have been scaling in terms of our production quality. We have not really brought it off Sinclair because the production quality is not quite there yet.”

Ripley also acknowledges these trends mean the brand is almost certainly worth more than when Sinclair bought ROH, but they currently have no plans to sell. However, “I would never say no to someone who wants to pay a stupid price,” he said.

Whether ROH is sold, ends up a nationally broadcast channel or runs Madison Square Garden, the fact one of the most powerful media companies in the United States is talking about their wrestling plans is a sign the business is booming.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    11%

If they do it during Mania weekend, ROH can def. move tickets at the Garden, esp. if they load it up with New Japan wrasslers.

The big factor is that it's prohibitively expensive, esp. if they stream or broadcast the show from there. Sinclair can easily afford it, but who knows how much of they want to go over-budget for whatever they already have earmarked for ROH next year.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    16%

IT LOOKS LIKE SINCLAIR MAY BE READY TO COMPETE WITH WWE.

IT WOULD BE AMAZING, AND SEEING AS HOW QUICK "ALL IN" SOLD OUT, I WOULDNT BE SURPRISED TO SEE THIS AS THE RETURN OF THE COMPETITION.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

but if you take away the NJPW talent, roh isn't selling many tickets. i feel like this could possibly end up like tna in the long run. i say hold off on it, use njpw to build more talent until going hard

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    16%

ROH ISNT SELLING MANY TICKETS, BUT ALL IN SOLD OUT IN HALF AN HOUR WITH ROH AND NJPW TALENT.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

omega, young bucks, and cody had more to do with that selling out than anyone else tho

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    16%

CODY IS SIGNED TO ROH, AND THEY WERE ALL ON THE LAST ROH PPV.

SO IMMA NEED MORE OF AN EXPLANATION.
    Last edited by MASTERWEEDO; 06-13-2018 at 08:33 AM.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

yea but cody alone ain't selling a 10k arena. omega okada and all the others from njpw are what drew alot of those people.

omega alone probably drew a shit ton of seats. i think alot of it had to do with the cool factor as well, people wanting to see it sell out. i'm not saying anything bad about it, but lets be real, take away the huge draw names from NJPW that wouldn't have sold out.

cody's good don't get me wrong, I enjoy his work outside of wwe, he finally found his niche in roh. i personally feel like dying his hair blonde did it for him. i would even go as far as saying cody > dustin rhodes.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    16%

IM STILL NOT UNDERSTANDING WHY YOU THINK ROH CANT COMPETE.

LITERALLY THE ONLY THING YOU CAN SAY IS ITS THE GUYS FROM NJPW THAT PEOPLE WANNA SEE.

THE TALENT EXCHANGE WITH NJPW IS AMAZING AND I DONT SEE IT ENDING ANYTIME SOON.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    16%

AND THE SCALPERS HELPED IT SELL OUT MORE THAN ANYONE, LETS BE REAL.

BUT TICKETS SOLD IS TICKETS SOLD.

Grande Master of MENSA Urethra Franklin's Avatar
    vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    8%

ROH: We use to scalp our own tickets at the shows
    So they would think it's a hot seller
    And order more
    Man-period (mAAn peer-e-id)
    Definition: That time of the month when a man showers.

Example: Hey Evak, you wreak, P.U. Did you miss your man-period?

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

I didn't say it wasn't. I prefer to see them on roh as well. It's gonna be even better once njpw, roh, and impat work all together. Be nice for lucha to be in that mix as well.

Scalpers, ya I'd agree with a bit of that. Still think Omega and okada are two of the biggest draws in wrestling right now their in ring work is phenomenal

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    11%

The issue with ROH "competing" with WWE is they need a viable path to making significantly more money than they are right now.

ROH has TV, but it's not a paid deal. Sinclair isn't paying their own subsidiary to broadcast content they already own on their own networks.

Typical ROH live shows draw less than 2,000 people so they aren't making big money off of ticket sales. Ditto for merch and their streaming service. Can they do big numbers in an arena show during Mania weekend? Absolutely. Will they make money off it? Fuck no if it's in the Garden, or an arena with comparable fees.

Anyone who wants to compete with WWE would need a TV deal that actually pays them like a real company. For ROH, could Sinclair hypothetically invest more in ROH if they wanted to compete with WWE? Sure, but doing so is the complete antithesis of their entire business model and ROH is a very small corner of their portfolio.

Sinclair's growth strategy is to spend as little as possible after an acquisition. They wouldn't change that for the sake of expanding ROH.

Arena shows for indie promotions is not consistent or sustainable. The audience is there to do it every now and then under the right circumstances, but ROH would lose their ass if they tried touring arenas.

Even if the stars aligned and indie shows with consolidated talent (such as All In) were selling out arenas every month, all that would do is encourage WWE so to sign a bunch of those guys and dump them in NXT.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

roh is no where near on the lvl of trying to compete with wwe. they don't even have a solid weekly tv program or a good network.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    -9%

I got WWE 2K18 on PC yesterday for $11 on sale at the Humble Store. Freaking awesome.. I've been waiting for a sale on this game.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

JAY THIS IS FUCKIGN DOPE

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    11%

I was hoping for Ryback but that reveal was doap as fuck.

They didn't even introduce the d00d by name but he's already one of the most intriguing wrasslers on the roster.

His tattoos are retarded, though.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    -9%

So is Impact a new wrestling company like TNA that does shows on TV? A competitor to our the WWE?

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

I was hoping for Ryback but that reveal was doap as fuck.

They didn't even introduce the d00d by name but he's already one of the most intriguing wrasslers on the roster.

His tattoos are retarded, though.
    yeah thats what i was thinking his tattoos look retarded af, last nights episode was great.

and no, impact wrestling is basically TNA renamed with new management (scott d'amore & don callis)

Scott d'amore was in WWE, and WCW back in the day.
    Don callis was cyrus in ecw, who was also jackyl in wwf.

Callis is the commentator of impact and NJPW, also VP of impact, and i think scott is executive vice president.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    16%

DUDE, EVERY FUCKING ONE REMEMBERS WHO THE JACKYL WAS IN WWF, HE FUCKING MANAGED THE ODDITIES FOR FUCKS SAKE. WHY YOU GOTTA TRY TO EXPLAIN SHIT LIKE WE ARE FUCKING TODDLERS?

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

Well not everyone watched ecw to know who Cyrus was.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    11%

Remember how doap the Truth Commission was?

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    18%

^^^

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    11%

Jerry Lawyer and ufc president Dana White got involved in a pro wrassling match in Memphis.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/6/1...tch-in-memphis

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

I remember very little of the truth commission.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    18%

I remember very little of the truth commission.
    Be thankful.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    5%

I remember Val venis being in a group wearing dress clothes think ivory was in it to.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    18%

Right To Censor. That actually got over.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    16%

THE GOOD FATHER

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    11%

Truth Commission had potential to be great, but even in the 90s you can only go so far with a heel angle based off of the post-apartheid South African TRC.

That fat fuck Mantaur briefly being part of the group ruined it intensity, though.

But at least the group fizzing out led to the formation of The Oddities, which is a GOAT stable.

Thread Information