vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    12%

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

The whole Firefox vs. gay thing

http://www.mediaite.com/online/andre...ligious-right/

After learning that Mozilla CEO Brendan Eich would resign over his anti-gay marriage views, Andrew Sullivan lamented that perhaps the LGBT movement has become a bit too much like the religious right.

“The guy who had the gall to express his First Amendment rights and favor Prop 8 in California by donating $1,000 has just been scalped by some gay activists,” Sullivan wrote of Eich’s resignation.

Eich’s donation in support of California’s anti-gay marriage amendment has long been the source of controversy. Upon being announced as the browser company’s new chief, LGBT groups began calling for boycotts. Popular dating site OkCupid changed their homepage for Mozilla users to feature a message discouraging members from using the company’s Firefox browser.

“Will he now be forced to walk through the streets in shame? Why not the stocks?” Sullivan snarked. “The whole episode disgusts me – as it should disgust anyone interested in a tolerant and diverse society.”

Sullivan has long been a strong defender of LGBT causes, but as indicated in the blog post, he’s not sure the movement has progressed with this development.

“If this is the gay rights movement today – hounding our opponents with a fanaticism more like the religious right than anyone else – then count me out,” he concluded. “If we are about intimidating the free speech of others, we are no better than the anti-gay bullies who came before us.”
    ROCK FLAG AND EAGLE

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    13%

Re: The whole Firefox vs. gay thing

The dude can donate money to whoever he wants, but when those donations are public knowledge you have to prepare for people to feel strongly about it.

The CEO of any company is a figurehead for that company and Mozilla didn't want their figurehead to be openly anti-gay marriage. Simple as that. Maybe he can get a job at Chick-fil-a
    Get money, keep making. Fuck bitches, eat bacon.

I Built 98% of This City The Mailman's Avatar
    vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    12%

I don't see why he should be harassed for his political beliefs. Next they'll start throwing fits on anyone who votes republican.
    ROCK FLAG AND EAGLE

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    13%

It's more of his religious beliefs guiding his political contribution. People that are driven by their religion are usually fuckwits and the sooner we just legalize gay marriage the sooner people will shut the fuck up about it.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    17%

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I feel the same way about the gay community as I do about feminists, and race groups that demand equality: they're attention seeking assholes that don't understand what equality means.

However, I understand what sites like OkCupid did. That's a site that fully supports equality. So when they blocked OKC from being viewable on Firefox, I think that was a good move. Just like if Google's CEO supported blacks to go back to Africa, I'd understand why many sites would block their sites from being visible on Chrome.

If you're the CEO of a major company, don't put your beliefs into the public if you know those beliefs are frowned upon by the majority of the country, plain and simple.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    12%

the thing is he didn't mix his politics and business, he made a private donation on his own
    ROCK FLAG AND EAGLE

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    13%

It's not a private donation if everybody fucking knows about it a day later.

Okcupid didn't block the site from Firefox users they displayed a message about what happened, gave them links to download new browsers, and gave a link if they wanted to just keep using Firefox.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    17%

Quote Originally Posted by The Mailman View Post
    the thing is he didn't mix his politics and business, he made a private donation on his own
    Nothing's private when you're famous. I mean if he were smart, he would've gotten a $1000 money order from an Arab check-cashing place and donated it under a fake name.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    15%

OR JUST SENT SOMEONE ELSE WITH THE MONEY TO DONATE.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

Richmond mother fucking Virginia... no not vagina... I wish it was Vagina though.
    vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    21%

Rush was talking about this today- I didnt give a fuck about it then, dont give a shit now.

Gay dudes do give the best head though. Just sayin...
    Let me just do a bump real quick to get my head straight....

Richmond mother fucking Virginia... no not vagina... I wish it was Vagina though.
    vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    21%

Also, fucking broads from Okcupid is serious business.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    12%

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Bizzle View Post
    It's not a private donation if everybody fucking knows about it a day later.
    you apparently have no fucking clue what the word 'private' means

clue: it doesn't mean secret
    ROCK FLAG AND EAGLE

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    13%

When your CEO is costing your company money because of what he does in his "private" life, he is not a good CEO.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    17%

I'm sure Clinton thought he was "privately" getting blown by Monica. I'm sure Rob Ford thought he was "privately" smoking crack..look where that got them

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    21%

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

When your CEO is costing your company money because of what he does in his "private" life, he is not a good CEO.
    I think this is dangerous... though I understand. I think the severity of someone exercising their rights is different from someone who is a pedophile, rapist, or a murderer. Or, if someone used the profits from that company to fund terrorism or a hate group of others exercising their rights, I could see why folks might want a CEO to step down.

But this is ridiculous. And is very dangerous thinking.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    15%

THIS THINKING IS NOTHING NEW. PRIVATE LIVES OF PROMINENT BUSINESS AND POLITICAL FIGURES ALWAYS END UP PUBLIC.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

Solo so Godlike hobo Nite Urethra Franklin's Avatar
    vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    LLB
    8%

I think women are just upset that oogalay mofo wants to put his peen in them.
    Mensa is as mensa does.
    Frantiks signature has a quote from me expressing myself in a round the way manner because requesting him to stop harassing new members failed. I am not a hateful bully. Just a defender of this sites success which doesn't happen with as little as 20 or less dedicated posters.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    18%

There aren't any more heroes.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Howdy Hidden Content
    You're a fag for needing pep talks on how to handle jokes/insults by people on a message board.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by The Mailman Hidden Content
    two grown fucking men, one afraid of clouds, the other of the sun
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by DeadEnd Hidden Content
    Is this a pro juggalo site, btw? I noticed a thread where people were taking wrestling really really serious. Is that what this is?

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    12%

Thumbs down Re: The whole Firefox vs. gay thing

Quote Originally Posted by FRANTIK View Post
    I'm sure Clinton thought he was "privately" getting blown by Monica. I'm sure Rob Ford thought he was "privately" smoking crack..look where that got them
    Rob Ford wasn't fired. Hell, he's going to get re-elected.

Also, how is supporting a democratic initiative on the same level as a sex scandal and smoking crack?
    ROCK FLAG AND EAGLE

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    12%

how did he cost them money?

so if someone was gay and a bunch of christian / islamic fundamentalist groups boycotted the company's product calling for him to be fired, the gay guy should be fired because he's "costing the company money"?

fuck out of here
    ROCK FLAG AND EAGLE

vCash
    Poasts
    HLB
    11%

I thought a lot of this was talked about here with the whole Duck Dynasty thing. Everyone is entitled to their own personal belief, but that believe doesn't give you the right to discriminate someone that goes against your beliefs. If youre anti-gay marriage, then you have a right to believe that; but the second you show hate or prejudice against someone because they are gay, then that is crossing the line. And that goes the other way around. If you are pro LGBT, then you shouldn't protest an individual or ask that he be fired just because of his own personal belief. If this guy was representing the company and make a statement that seemed like Mozilla as a company is anti-gay, then yes, he needs to be fired. If he donated his own money, on his own time, in his own name, then I think he has that right. Now, I know the world isn't that cut and dry, but it is a double-edge sword. You can't ask for a more tolerant society, then turn around and protest someone on their own personal belief just because it goes against yours.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    13%

I think the move by Firefox was a poor decision, but I'm not a shareholder so it's not my place to say. Information was revealed about a CEO that the board considered to be detrimental to their business so they let him go. That CEO likely signed a contract and will get paid big.

Until that private donation was made, no one had question about that guy's ability to make shareholders more money. It may well have been a candidate for that position that dug for the info, out of spite from not getting the position.

I think business should be a check against all political pressure in the pursuit of profit (provided no one is hurt in the process). I believe this action by Firefox undies people's inability to be tolerable.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the move by Firefox was a poor decision, but I'm not a shareholder so it's not my place to say. Information was revealed about a CEO that the board considered to be detrimental to their business so they let him go. That CEO likely signed a contract and will get paid big.

Until that private donation was made, no one had question about that guy's ability to make shareholders more money. It may well have been a candidate for that position that dug for the info, out of spite from not getting the position.

I think business should be a check against all political pressure in the pursuit of profit (provided no one is hurt in the process). I believe this action by Firefox undies people's inability to be tolerable.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    12%

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Milenko View Post
    I thought a lot of this was talked about here with the whole Duck Dynasty thing. Everyone is entitled to their own personal belief, but that believe doesn't give you the right to discriminate someone that goes against your beliefs. If youre anti-gay marriage, then you have a right to believe that; but the second you show hate or prejudice against someone because they are gay, then that is crossing the line. And that goes the other way around. If you are pro LGBT, then you shouldn't protest an individual or ask that he be fired just because of his own personal belief. If this guy was representing the company and make a statement that seemed like Mozilla as a company is anti-gay, then yes, he needs to be fired. If he donated his own money, on his own time, in his own name, then I think he has that right. Now, I know the world isn't that cut and dry, but it is a double-edge sword. You can't ask for a more tolerant society, then turn around and protest someone on their own personal belief just because it goes against yours.
    he didnt discriminate on anyone.

in 2008 he donated $1,000 to the fight against same-sex marriage. California’s Proposition 8, which passed with 52 percent of the vote in 2008
    6 years ago he donated to a democratic initiative that was supported by the majority of californians. this shit isn't even recent, either, which makes it 10x worse.
    ROCK FLAG AND EAGLE

vCash
    Poasts
    HLB
    11%

Quote Originally Posted by The Mailman View Post
    he didnt discriminate on anyone.
    Oh I wasnt saying he did. Thats actually kind of my point that he didn't so he shouldn't lose his job. I was trying to say that he has a right to believe what he wants and shouldn't be discriminated against for those beliefs as long as he isn't hurting or discriminating on others. Since he didn't do that, he shouldn't have lost his job.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    12%

so im reading more, apparently the donation was in 2008, it was publicized in 2012, and he was only made CEO recently in 2014

so he didnt even do anything "anti-gay" during his tenure as CEO

pretty sad when the guy who fucking invented Javascript is better remembered for 'voting the wrong way' years ago
    ROCK FLAG AND EAGLE

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    13%

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Shit happens. Dude is still rich, will find another job, and nobody will even remember his name in two weeks. It's not the end of the world for him.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    25%

Quote Originally Posted by FRANTIK View Post
    I feel the same way about the gay community as I do about feminists, and race groups that demand equality: they're attention seeking assholes that don't understand what equality means.

However, I understand what sites like OkCupid did. That's a site that fully supports equality. So when they blocked OKC from being viewable on Firefox, I think that was a good move. Just like if Google's CEO supported blacks to go back to Africa, I'd understand why many sites would block their sites from being visible on Chrome.

If you're the CEO of a major company, don't put your beliefs into the public if you know those beliefs are frowned upon by the majority of the country, plain and simple.
    Look at Frantik makin' points n' shit
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Nuffy Hidden Content
    I'm not sure how many times I can look at howdy's ass before I start developing homosexual tendencies.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Marrow Hidden Content
    6. Made my wife orgasm at least 24 times in one day. There may have been bigger days, I just don't remember the number. Howdy is a close second with making my wife cum 19 times.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    12%

Shit happens. Dude is still rich
    typical liberal answer, it's his fault / it doesnt matter because he has money
    ROCK FLAG AND EAGLE

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    21%

So is Mailman liberal or conservative? Or some weird mix?

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    15%

*** Ho Ho Ho, cunt! *** nastyvanda1's Avatar
    vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    17%

Quote Originally Posted by Nuffy View Post
    So is Mailman liberal or conservative? Or some weird mix?
    He flip flopped breh.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Andy Rooney Hidden Content
    One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas Day. Don’t clean it up too quickly.
    Merry Christmas! Shitter was full!

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    17%

Nuffy swears up and down that I'm gay. I could see the disappointment in his eyes when he opened the door and saw me for the first time.
    17'in in 2019

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    25%

Yeah, yur gay no matter how much you hate on the foot long, breh.

#SubwayOrButtPlay
    I'm not sure how many times I can look at howdy's ass before I start developing homosexual tendencies.
    6. Made my wife orgasm at least 24 times in one day. There may have been bigger days, I just don't remember the number. Howdy is a close second with making my wife cum 19 times.

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    17%

#buttplay

How'd - Skins and the Bills a few weeks away.
    17'in in 2019

vCash
    Poasts
    Hometeam
    HLB
    25%

I don't even know who the Redskins are, at this point.

Thread Information